Our sisterhood, formed in 1919, is the oldest auxiliary of the synagogue. Our most significant contribution to the synagogue has been our Sisterhood Sanctuary. Our women have mentored the Confirmation Classes, instituted an Adult Education program, participated in our Adult Bat Mitzvah program hosted theater trips and more. Our College Program has been a model for other synagogues, and has received national attention. The canopy at the entrance to the synagogue is one of the many projects that have been funded and donated by the Sisterhood Gift Shop, in addition to a major cash contribution at the end of each fiscal year. Also, we have many other major projects planned for the future.
Through the years, as Conservative Judaism evolved, permitting full participation of women in worship services. One of the highlights of the year is the Sisterhood Shabbat service that is led entirely by our members.
To view the Sisterhood Calendar events, filter the calendar for Auxilliary Groups.
Sisterhood Officers 2015-2016
President: Patti First
Co-Membership Vice-Presidents: Lynne Album and Sylvia Pomerantz
Co-Religious Vice-President: Anna Green and Marla Friedenberg
Co-Program Vice-Presidents: Sandra Kazman and Lisa Weiss-Shore
Treasurer: Linda Abrams
Corresponding Secretary: Carol Rosenbaum
Recording Secretary: Dianne Cutler
Communications: Lorna Adelman
College Program: Doris Pohl
Parliamentarian: Anita Schatz
Immediate Past Presidents: Kay Schwartz and Shirley Weiner